1.30.2010

Snowy Daybook


outside my window...
the snow is falling. It has been since 9:00 this morning, continuously without pause. The footprints and indents we left in it this afternoon are already covered up. About 6 inches of powdery sparkles blanket my world. It's quiet. It's lovely. And it's damn cold. [18 degrees this afternoon to be exact.]

I am thankful for...
yoga. Bikram - I just took a class after being absent for over 2 weeks (and... ahem.. a few months before that.) It never ceases to amaze me how good I feel after that class, and how much more grounded, relaxed, and alive I am.

I'm thinking about...
the new computer we just bought. It's actually still in the box because I know I'll be daunted with the task of transferring gazillions of files from CD's and jumpdrives when I open it. But I'm so very excited we now have our own and that we got it in the mail today! (poor FedEx man in the snow!)

I am working on...
relaxing.

learning all the time...
I'm learning the subtle and also vast differences between teaching Kindergarten and 1st grade. For example, chaos is going to ensue when I give 3-6 step directions. SLOW DOWN. I'm loving the magic of it - as well as the challenge. I hope to find a GREAT workshop on early childhood development for the spring or summer - something that will help me better set up the layout of the classroom environment and to speak/teach/sing/play/problem solve with the children in the best possible way for their age. Suggestions welcome!

from the kitchen...
it's empty. And no grocery shopping tomorrow in this powdery white stuff. Great excuse to order in!? :)

I am creating...
loads. of laundry that is. :) oh, that doesn't count? Plans then. Plans for the summer. I plan to not work this summer - save for some tutoring a couple of days per week. I will be mommy. I will take Ains across the country and attend a wedding of a dear cousin. We will see our family and friends in August!

I am going...
to see Alvin Ailey dance company this week at the Kennedy Center with a friend that I admire and love, but don't get to see enough. Hooray for city living and opportunities like this! (And hooray for feeling like I can finally let someone else do the bedtime boogie once in awhile.)

I am reading...Stones into Schools. Still. Nearly done. What a ride!
TIME Magazine - in short spurts while Ains is in the bath.

I am hoping...
that we see a successful and historic term under President Obama. His State of the Union blew me away. I have liked him from the beginning - but every time I hear him speak, that increases ten-fold. Jasper and I stayed up till 1:00 in the morning last night watching CSPAN. Yes, CSPAN on a Friday night. It was no dance party, but I was soon hooked as I watched that master of a man dive into the Republican Caucus and answer their piercing questions, one after another after another.

I am praying...
for Haiti

I am hearing...
Diana Krall. Love her music.

around the house...
It is one-year since we moved in, and last week I finally put up our last pile of pictures on the wall. It feels like we finally have moved in. I can't believe it took me so long!

heard this week...
"Mrs. Mac! See you at creative dance!" - from one of the boisterous and energetic kindergarten boys who takes my after-school dance class. Made my day.

one of my favorite things...
Ainsley's walk. It's the best. I could watch her walk, dance, climb, and generally move all day long. She has such a wonderfully toddler-confident, determined, intentional step cased in a slightly athletic body with that big belly of hers. Nothing like it.

a few plans for the rest of the week...
report card writing. Focus, Tiffany, focus!!

picture thoughts I'm sharing with you...


2 comments:

  1. Ooooh- the kids'll be jealous! They want snow!! Can't wait to see you in August. Huge hugs. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are all doing well! I never thought I'd be saying this but you should get your butt on facebook. It'd be a great way to keep in touch with you since I'm so bad on all other fronts!
    That Ainsley is getting big! What a doll she is!
    The snow looks nice, it's been like spring here. My bulbs are even fooled, they are blooming already!
    Love to you all!
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...