9.12.2010

Back to School Daybook


Outside my window...
Dark, a bit rainy, nice cool 60 degrees.


I'm thankful for...
Neosporin - for my poor school-shoe-rubbed heels!


I am thinking about...
The fresh baked chocolate chip cookies hiding in the cupboard.
And Harry Potter (we ... er... finally watched the Half-Blood Prince the other night)


I am working on...
my extensions.  And getting to know my new students.


learning all the time...
that TV is really, really not good for the under-7 set.  Today we made TV rules... we'll try them out for a month or so and see how it goes.


from the kitchen...
Meatloaf!  Jasper LOVES it.  We love my mom's recipe. It calls for a smothering of ketchup mixed with brown sugar on the top.

I am creating...
lesson plans


I am going...
to bed early tonight. (applause)


I am reading... (linked)
Simplicity Parenting - by Kim John Payne - still, but nearly done. Still haven't actually simplified the toys... which is the first step... but I am processing all that I read!.


The First Six Weeks of School - Paul Denton & Roxann Kriete

The Morning Meeting Book - Roxann Kriete


I am hoping...
To find a great school for Ainsley to get into next year.  We're beginning our research of options.


I am praying...
the lunch prayer every day at school with my kindergartners:
 'We fold our hands and softly say... thank you for our food today... thank you very much!"


I am hearing...
Loreena McKennitt


around the house...
Walls and doors are now scrubbed (downstairs at least) - possibly for the first time in 2 years. oops.
laundry is done. 
Cookies are baked (I love to do this on a rainy day!)


heard this week...
"When my grow up and you Ainsley[aka: when I'm a grown up and you are Ainsley], I drink coffee and you drink my milk."
She's into the idea that we all take turns being each other at some point in our lives... including pets.


"I want mommy go yoga-dance, Daddy stay home, and I go on Ainsley-train [metro] all by myself."

one of my favorite things..
having dancer friends - hooray for Next Reflex Dance Collective!  [First performance in 3 weeks!]

a few plans for next week...

oh... school plans? :) oh, let me tell you!
Develop our morning meeting... introduce "sharing news"
Start the Name Game
More Guided Discovery (markers! colored pencils!)
Introduce our resident hamster-puppet Wishie
Start the sensory table work
Develop our Hopes and Dreams for the year
play games like Octopus and Zoom
Read Chrysanthemum by Kevin Henkes
Read Brown Bear Brown Bear
Pattern Blocks
Play partner-match (a non-standard measurement game to find partners)
Make an age chart
Teach the Pledge of Allegiance

a picture thought I'm sharing with you...


2 comments:

  1. I can't get over your Picture thought.. Ainsley the acrobat!
    Sounds like you have a great game plan sister. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That photo of Ains is HYSTERICAL.

    Why aren't you wearing Danskos you crazy lady??

    And... help! I need a name-game for the first day of Sunday school this week. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...