12.11.2011

* A Special Visit *



Baby Cole!


Ainsley's cousin, baby Cole, came to visit for Thanksgiving!  What a wonderful treat it was to have Haylie, Rodney and Cole-baby here for such a fun holiday. Nothing but food, talk, and play.



Ains could NOT get enough of this sweet bundle.  Since that day, she has near-daily asked for a "real" baby, informed us that she is pregnant with her brother in her belly (?!), or bragged about her Baby Cole cousin to passersby on the street.  'Smitten' doesn't nearly do this obsession justice.


I mean, who WOULDN'T be smitten with a face like this?



the hair! the hair!

Even Jake-pup had to be near.
Jake was happy for the attention - and Cole was happy to give it!


Aunt Haylie and I planned our turkey-feast (photo courtesy of artistic Uncle Rodney)


Aunt Haylie, amazing girl, woke up early and began baking before I could even blink.  She pretty much rolled out of bed and into the kitchen, sleeves rolled up.  This girl has a KNACK for the kitchen, let me tell you!  What a treasure to see her in action - I hope some of her skill has rubbed off on me. :)
  
THE FEAST:

THREE - 3 ! pumpkin pies, all home-made, all with Grandma Helen's "perfect pie crust" recipe.  And rolls from scratch! (ah, now I know what 'proof the yeast' means, and NO, it's NOT a geometry equation.)

goat cheese stuffed figs

hard at work - check out Ainsley's head tilt! She is in deep concentration. :)

cranberry sauce from scratch


 

my mother's famous recipe - minus the marshmallows on half, request from daddy
Can't waste a DROP of whipped cream!


We managed to get out and about during the short trip...








 

Oh!  Baby Cole!  We miss you so much!  Come back!


1 comment:

  1. We want to come back, looking at all our fun I simply can't wait to do it again!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...