11.02.2012
It's November - Daybook
Outside My Window...
The sun is shining and there's a biting cold in the air. Leaves are changing and falling everywhere. It's nice and quiet after the raucous Halloween night and hurricane Sandy.
I am thankful for...
Life. Babies. Sisters. Mothers. Husbands. Doctors.
I am thinking about...
Nursing. Latching. Feeding. Sleeping. Eating. Parenting. Juggling. And trying not to worry -- though I think it comes with the territory. Mostly anxious to see that Addie is gaining weight.
Also, thinking about motherhood in general and this fleeting magical time in space. How can I grasp this treasure in its fullness? How can I not let it slip through my fingers with the passing days, weeks, months, years??
Learning all the time...
Re-learning how to be a mom to such a small little creature. Learning for the first time how to parent TWO kids. Learning how to balance my recovering self: energy & anxiety v. rest & peace.
Trying to learn how to best respond to Ainsley as she adjusts to the new family dynamics... and trying to learn how to gradually wean off using the shield to nurse with.
From the kitchen...
Thank goodness for fabulous friends! We have been well-stocked with home-made dinners. YUM. During the day?? oh. whoops. Am I supposed to be feeding myself too??? Something besides a bowl of cheerios now and then? Huh. Perhaps too much effort.
I am creating...
uh... nothing. My big creating energy is now come to fruition in this little drooly, snuggly, snarfing little beast. I'm now caring for my creation. :)
I am working on...
not worrying. not harping. not expecting more than is realistic. sleeping and eating myself when I can. and working with our little Bean on latching without the help of the shield.
I am going...
to get baby announcements out soon. fingers crossed.
I am hoping...
for a good weekend.
I am reading...
The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding
(*great book!*)
I am praying for...
continued health and growth for Adelaide.
I am hearing...
Diana Krall and little whimpers and gurgles from the carrier on my chest.
Around the house...
don't ask.
One of my favorite things...
coffee. Delicious - wonderful - heavenly - CAFFEINE.
Oh, and being able to drink Guinness again is quite satisfying.
A few plans for the rest of the week...
feed the baby
eat
feed the baby
sleep
feed the baby
change a diaper
feed the baby
paperwork for insurance and short term disability
feed the baby
ah heck, who am I kidding? - how about I just forget about it all and feed the baby???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
ilv you too. :) Go feed that snarfy baby. You are awesome. xoxo
ReplyDeleteilv you three! You are so right sister, how to cherish this snippet in time, you are amazing and incredible. Don't stress out about the announcements, just sleep, eat and feed that baby ;)
ReplyDeleteThose pics up above are absolutely priceless! No time to write right now, but wanted to check in just the same. It's report card time, so I have no life right now:)
ReplyDeleteHi! It's Camryn:) You were my first grade teacher;)Long time no see! I have a blog now to:D Your children are adorable;D Hope to see you again:)
ReplyDeleteCam! It's great to hear from you. How is your family? How is school?
Delete