3.26.2011

end of spring break DAYBOOK

Outside my window...
cherry blossoms. daffodils. magnolia trees blooming. sunny 50 degree day today.
90% chance of SNOW tonight.
(?)

I am thankful for...
daughters.  sweet, little girl, crazy-making daughters.
and dear, dear friends.  So happy to have Aileen out to visit these past few days!  Friends fill parts of our soul that make us more whole.  Thankful, also, for our amazing time at Ocracoke beach with our bosom friends Justin & Joelle.  I am refreshed, recharged, re-healthified, and rejuvenated.

I am thinking about...
spring. Somehow - it wakes me up inside. At least, I'm attributing that tingly, antsy, hopeful, wonderful feeling to spring.  Despite modern living, our bodies are still part of this magical earth that changes with the seasons.

Learning all the time...
How to pour Guinness from a can.  How to do a fancy drip coffee artistic coffee-house style. To carry extra toddler pants, tissues, wipes, etc. (still not good at it, but I'm working on it).  To make pesto (yum!).

It's time to buy Gessell's "Your Three Year Old" - we are entering new territory with our little Tornado.

From the kitchen...
chocolate ravioli.  Not kidding.  Fresh, homemade chocolate ravioli from the local market - pan fry in a bit of butter.  What a delicious treat!

I am creating...
a garden!

I am working on...
gearing up to plan our road trip for summer! I'm so excited.  I haven't started yet - but I keep thinking about it.  I think it's time to get out the maps, the AAA website (so I've been told), the KOA campsite locations, etc.  But before that, I should probably focus on report cards - that starts soon.

I am going...
to the White House Easter Egg Roll!  Jas put our names in the lottery and we got tickets!  (Along with 30,000 others) Jasper will be in China for Easter ~ and that whole entire week, Auntie Lisa will join us to help fix dinners, play, watch Ains while I rehearse, and keep the house in order. oh. and go to the White House Lawn to play!

I am hoping...
that my new intestinal issues remain under somewhat control.

I am reading...
The Forgotten Garden - by Kate Morton (nearly finished!)
Possibly my most favorite book. EVER.
 Or second - after Wuthering Heights, which still steals my heart.

I am praying...
for patience

I am hearing...
ok, not me, but I have to share this note from daycare:

“While I was going pee-pee and poopy I read this book twice.  I asked myself if I wanted to read it again and I said Yes!”  


Around the house...
tulips and hyacinths in a vase.  incense burning once a night. fresh carpets that don't collect as much dog hair.

One of my favorite things...
the sea.

A few plans...
watch a movie tonight (saw Burlesque last night - fun!!!)
dance class tomorrow
grocery shopping
more laundry
back to work & bustle of daily life

A picture thought I'm sharing with you...

3 comments:

  1. Snow!? It actually got cold here again too. I LOVE your new header!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Ains, are you getting a lot of scrumptious glue through that straw:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new header.

    Love it when you write daybooks.

    Sending you an email now- too much to write to fit in a combox.

    mwah!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...