I.
LOVE.
Boston.
I want to live here.
Within 10 minutes of being in the city, Jasper and I turned to each other with stars in our eyes. THIS is our kind of city. It's absolutely perfect. Unlike any city we've visited before. Perhaps someday, we will be able to live here...
Now for the magic.
The one major thing on my 'to do' list for Boston's drive-through (only a day there, not even a night) was to visit the Public Garden -- ahem --- Make Way for Ducklings by McCloskey, anyone?
It is amaaaaazing. Like stepping into the pages of the book.
Then, after lunch outside (Jake sat under the table) :) -- we found the COOLEST ice cream shop! Emack and Bolio - parent/inspiration for Ben & Jerry - home of rockers a few decades ago.... born in Boston. Some of the creamiest, tastiest ice cream I've ever tasted! (And trust me, we're tasting it in nearly every town we stop in!)
ahhh... Beacon Hill -- perhaps the neighborhood of a future home!?
(after our hoped-for chapter overseas, perhaps...)
I can't remember if I got to make it to Boston... New York, check... Rhode Island, check... Mom wanted to take me to Salem at Halloween but that never worked out. Can't remember if we made it to Boston, but I'm thinking if we had, I would remember. Here's to your dream of Boston after travels away! Wait! Where do you want to venture off to next???
ReplyDeleteI could SO see you living here. :)
ReplyDeleteI can't believe how many new places you are getting to on this road trip! How fun is that?!
Bear...What's with you? Boston??? Well, maybe I can see you and J-bird living there. Meghan says she loves Boston also.
ReplyDeleteIce cream looks wonderful. J-Bird getting his share?