1.26.2011

Aquarium Visit

What a fun way to spend a cold winter day off (MLK Day) - Baltimore Aquarium!
This aquarium is designed so cleverly!



contained ecosystems set up throughout a hall...







Dolphin Show!




 Special Exhibit: Jellies!
Jellies are over 600 million years old.  They have witnessed the extinction of dinosaurs, the ice age and the arrival of humans.  They look magical.




This is a little kids zone... hands on learning:
(That's Ains racing from item to item....)




On the way out - a replica mini world of the Outback.

 Alligators (crocs, actually) were a big hit with A.

 Just as we headed to the door, we ran into a woman giving a little talk with her dragon. Ains ran straight for the pillow cushion, sat down and listened. :) (I think she may be ready for big school after all.)

Awe, wonder, magic, and the mystery of the beautiful world we live in.
A day well spent.
chores? Ah, they'll be there when we get home.

4 comments:

  1. What a cool aquarium! I wish we had something like that close by.

    And psst... tell Ains to stop growing. She looks SO MUCH BIGGER than she did in October. Argh.

    Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks AMAZING!!! I love the picture of Ains-in-motion! Hmmm, me thinks I need to take a trip to San Fran or Monetary for one of our aquariums!!! I do love the water!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That aquarium looks absolutely fabulous! I HAVE to go there when we are able to come & visit you. Haven't had a chance to watch all the videos yet, but will soon. What a fun, wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gah I want to go! Looks like such a neat place!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...