1.15.2011

New Year Daybook

Outside my window...
cold. very very cold.  But where is the snow?

I am thankful for...
weekends.

I am thinking about...
parenting.  The much talked about article on the Wall Street Journal about Chinese mothers being superior has got my brain spinning.  Watching Ains transform from a toddler into a preschool little girl has me whirling. A few days (and sleepless nights) of projectile vomit and boundless diarrhea was a new level of parenting for us.  Childhood is a magical thing, isn't it?  And parenting is a colossal undertaking.


Learning all the time...
Ains is learning to potty train - she is practically expert at it now!  Only wears a diaper to sleep, and that probably for not much longer. She's also picking up EVERYTHING and the THINGS that come out of her mouth continually amaze me. I am in AWE.

 Me? I'm learning that I am a terrible driver. If I get one more speeding ticket, my bank account is going to kick me out. I'm also learning that there are hidden radar cameras ALL OVER this stinkin' city - this, the city where in some places, 'going traffic' drives 55 in a 25 (which I love). why? why the radar?

From the kitchen...
A good week for me!  Toasted tuna with melted sharp white cheddar and tomato (thank you Sandra for the idea at rehearsal).  Mini pizzas on english muffins (harken back to childhood).  Pasta with Greek feta & pine nuts. Italian take-out.

I am creating...
Choreography for our school musical. I love it!

I am working on...
eating more vegetables. Tho I hate to write that down - as if it commits me to the task. :)

I am going...
to BE this year.  My word for the year is BE.  That means: be here. be present. be me.

I am hoping...
to learn the dance pieces we're working on in rehearsal & to dance dance dance and yoga yoga yoga and do it all in balance without freaking out that the laundry isn't done, that I've dropped a ball here and there, that I have piles of emails and bills and toys strewn over the house...

I am reading...
The Glass Room by Simon Mawer.  A definite read, I think. It's strange and elusive - clearly good writing, that is slightly above my head... fascinating and slightly perturbing characters... I wonder where this one is headed...?  I find myself, once again, drawn into the WWII era.  This time near Vienna.

I am praying...
for my Grandpa Curly. Continuously. Sorry I haven't called.

I am hearing...
the whir of the washing machine.

Around the house...
uhhhh....

One of my favorite things...
sisters.

A few plans...
choreograph.
dance class.
laundry.
clean up.
talk Ainsley schools for next year.
organize Ains' toys in her room (declutter).
organize an office space to use at the house.
plan school work. prep assessments.
plan baby girl's 3 year birthday.
grocery shop.
plan next staff meeting on norms building w/ Head of School.
play candyland (she's almost got it!).
drink more water.

A picture thought I'm sharing with you...

2 comments:

  1. So it sounds like you need to slow down more than just your life!:) You work too hard to pass your money on unnecessarily. A book I think you would really enjoy (just light, easy reading), if you haven't already read it is "I captured the Castle" It was originally printed in 1948 but has been re-released. It takes place in England and is narrated beautifully by an 11 year-old, journaling girl. I know your sister has read it, because that's where I first heard of it. So wish we could be there for the Big 3! Keep busying yourself with the things and people you love. The other things will wait. Love & hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we could be there to share Rodney's big 30 and Ainsley's big 3!!
    You are a busy lady, don't forget to pause and breathe.
    Love your goals, I want to watch you dance...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...